SquareLoop debuts HIPAA-compliant healthcare text messaging system
The text messaging system, a new feature on SquareLoop's Mobile Alert Network, is HIPAA-compliant for regulations governing encryption of patients' electronic records and provides an application for secure mobile-originated text messages.
This product will be commercially available in June.
- HIPAA compliant encrypted text messaging - All messages are encrypted end-to-end providing a quick, yet safe and secure method to exchange patient information
- Target your messages - Only the Mobile Alert Network enables geographic targeting of messages to mobile devices
- Ensure messages are noticed - Only the Mobile Alert Network allows you to define the alert tone to ensure your messages stand out. Alert tones continue to play until the message is acknowledged
- Provide actionable information - The Mobile Alert Network allows you to provide clearly worded instructions not limited by character limits and can include graphics
- Message delivery status - Know when the message was received by the phone and when it was acknowledged by the recipient with true read receipts
- Off-the-shelf phone support - In many cases, you can use phones you already own or standard off-the-shelf models
- Highly reliable - SquareLoop maintains redundant high priority connections with carriers and aggregators
I'd be interested in finding out more about these "redundant high priority connections" and the studies that have tested this. The problem with replacing beepers with cell phones has always been about reliability.